We are seeking to keep everyone as up to date as possible concerning our worship gatherings, MC's, discipleship groups, and ministry opportunities. Your pastors also want to shepherd you well in the midst of these uncertain times and encourage you as we seek to love each other and our neighbors in the midst of seeking to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
In light of that, we're creating this page so that you can have one place that you can frequent to know the latest concerning our church and opportunities to serve, as well as find helpful resources for you and your family.
Have a Need?
Post a Need - We partner with a benevolence ministry called One Need that helps us mobilize the body of Christ to meet your physical needs. If we can help in any way during this time, we will! We've seen God provide for major needs in miraculous ways through thish process. Fill out this need submission form, and someone will respond to you within 48 hours.
Church Needs - We've created a Need List for our church family to post needs and meet the needs of both our faith family and our community. Please bookmark this page and visit it frequently to see how you can be a blessing and love with Jesus' sacrificial care in this time of need.
In keeping with the President's and CDC's recommendations, we are postponing in-person gatherings of larger than 10 people for the foreseeable future (this could be our new normal for up to 8 weeks).
Gatherings - postponed until otherwise notified. How we will all miss worshiping together as one body! Our prayer is that if any took gathering together with the body for granted, that the Lord would use this to create in your heart an appreciation for God's design that his people gather together for worship and encouragement.
Until we resume gathering at our building, it's important that we gather virtually together each Sunday morning at 10:30. Please prioritize tuning in live all together for worship through song and the Word! You can view these gatherings via our website or YouTube Channel (which you can also subscribe to).
Missional Communities - Now is actually a great time to sign up for a Missional Community if you're not already a part of one. We have an unprecedented opportunity to serve neighbors in need, and our MC's are how we mobilize our church for service and mission, and your MC will be a great support to you through this time.
Because most are larger than 10 people, our MC's are going to be engaging in discussion and prayer virtually until otherwise notified. Contact your MC leader for details.
Discipleship Groups - We are still leaving the meeting of our discipleship groups up to the discretion of each individual group and leader. If you haven't heard a specific plan
If meeting in person, we recommend that each group use basic sanitation practices outlined by the CDC.
If you decide to isolate and not meet, please stay in contact with one another through text, email, and aim to ask your accountability questions, share prayers, and keep up with one another.
Prayer | Giving - Reminder that we have ways for people to submit prayer needs and to get connected with our church for counsel or help in any way through our online connect card. Also, make sure that you continue regular financial into the life and ministry of our church through online giving. The opportunities for mission and service and needs around us abound. Let's be a generous people as we showcase the kind of love and sacrifice we've been given in Jesus.
Brief Messages from Around the Web:
- Divine Disruption - 23min sermon from Dr. Tony Evans. If you could only listen to one message to hear about what God is doing in all of this, this message is at the top of the list.
- Message from Francis Chan - 11min exhortation. Don't lose your love, peace, or joy in all of this!
- Waiting on the Lord - 17min clip from Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, NC.
- Make sure you join our Rivertown & Friends Facebook Group to join or host 'watch parties' of our Sunday Gatherings!
- Answers in Genesis - Site with videos, articles and answers FAQ. There's even a special tab for kids!
- Right Now Media - Gain access to hundreds of free video resources, Bible studies, and Kids shows for FREE through our church's account.
- TGC Free Courses - Here there are many different tabs with different topics/ teaching on books of the Bible.
- FREE or Discounted Books to Read in Quarantine
- Scripture Memory -
- Crossway Free Resources - Free Resources for Your Stay at Home during COVID-19
- Desiring God Podcasts - FAQ's, "Solid Joys" daily devotional and "Look at the Book" are very helpful for digging deeper into God's Word.
- The Bible Project - So helpful for adults and kids!
- They also have a Podcast.
- Ligonier Ministries
- Tabletalk Magazine - Digital (or print if you subscribe) magazine made up of articles on a specific topic.
- Praying for unreached & persecuted people groups as a family, MC, or D-Group -
Concerning the Covid-19 Virus, and How we Respond:
- Coronavirus and the Church - website built specifically to guide the church through this pandemic crisis.
- Love in the Time of Coronavirus: A Guide for Christian Leaders by Andy Crouch
- The Gospel Coalition COVID-19 Webpage - TGC has setup a webpage that is consistently being updated with helpful articles. We commend it to you!
- The White House's Coronavirus Guideline for America
- Coronavirus Update (from the Centers for Disease Control)
- Vermont Dept. of Health Updates
- For those at Higher Risk from Coronavirus (from the Centers for Disease Control)
- How do We Make Sense of the Coronavirus - Where is God in This? (Desiring God)
Please continue to check back on this page for additional helpful resources and to stay abreast of any changes.
Most importantly, let's be a people who begin and end each day at the feet of Jesus in God's Word. His Word promises that he is able to keep us in perfect peace as we fix our minds on him and trust him (Isaiah 26:3). He has showcased his love for us at the cross, and he is actively ruling with love over all his creation. Let's pursue him, encourage one another in him, serve in his name, and share the hope of the gospel in a world searching for Jesus' hope and peace!